Valentine’s Day is a couple days away! As a teacher, it was always one of my favorite days in the classrooms. I loved how excited the kids were to give and receive valentines from their friends! I also loved doing activities leading up to the day. Because it seemed to be a favorite for the kids, it was a favorite for me!
I am looking forward to Valentine’s Day again this year. Not only as a holiday to celebrate with my husband (although we did take some time out for an early Valentine’s Date night) but mostly to share with our kids ways we can share love with people around us. Our world sure could use an extra bit of love right now. Here’s a few of the things we have planned to celebrate “Love Day” this week.
- Bake, decorate, and bring cookies over to our neighbors. We started this idea last year, and had fun doing this together. The kids of course loved decorating the cookies, but they are excited to share what they made too!
2. Make cards for people we love. While I do have some cute Pinterest like ideas for valentines to pass out to their friends, there is something nice about letting them make their own. They loved coloring and making cards for their grandma, grandpa, nana, and papa.
3. Invite a few friends over for a little Valentine’s party. My kids are so excited to have friends over this year to celebrate the day. It won’t be anything fancy, but they are excited to make a little craft, have some heart shaped foods, and pass out valentines to their little buddies.
4. Date Night with mommy and daddy. This year we are going to take the kids out for a little treat. My son can’t wait to take mommy on a “brownie date” and my sweet little girl just adores her daddy so wherever they go will be fun for her! Taking time out for one on one time is so important even when they are little.
5. Random Acts of Kindness. When I say this I really do mean random. I have nothing planned for this, but while I try to find times to do this throughout the year, I want to be intentional this week to take opportunities to be kind while we are out and about and teach my kids to do the same.
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope your week is filled with love!