Memorial Day weekend is almost here. It’s very sobering to think of the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Our family likes to take time to honor and remember those who have fought for our country and defended our freedom. Sometimes we attend a local event, our church has a gathering, and we usually end the day with family around the pool. May God bless our country and the families missing loved ones that have sacrificed their lives.
This upcoming weekend is often the first time we find ourselves out in the sun for the season. Are you stocked up with fresh and unexpired sunscreen for the sunny days that are coming? I am a big fan of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Sunscreen. I had melanoma skin cancer a few years ago. HERE is my story. Apologies if you’ve heard it. I think I will forever be humbled to be alive and I want to give the gift of early detection of this cancer to someone else. It can be the most deadly, but also the most treatable skin cancer if caught early.
There are a few types of skin cancer. Melanoma is the SUPER scary kind of skin cancer: the most common registered cancer and the fourth most common cause of cancer death among the 15-44 year age group. That statistic is the age group of MAJORITY of our readers. So what do I do now? I get checked every 3-6 months and I am super vigilant about wearing sunscreen and covering up in the sun. Thanks to good sunscreen and cute rashguards, my whole family enjoys summer activities without fear of the rays.
I use Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Sunscreen because:
- Beach Defense® provides superior skin protection from harsh summer elements, clinically proven to help defend the signs of sun damage
- Prolonged contact of the skin with water makes the skin more susceptible to UV rays. Formulated with HELIOPLEX® Technology, the sunscreens form a broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protective barrier that is clinically proven to help skin defend against harsh summer elements
- Beach Defense® Sunscreen Spray provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing mist, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Lightweight, fast absorbing
- Oil free, PABA free
- Available in five forms FOR around $10 a bottle:
- Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 70
- Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 70
I made a lot of mistakes as a teenager and got some very bad burns on purpose with the hopes of getting a darker shade of white. It’s 20 years later and I’m paying for it. I am currently recovering from a skin cancer surgery I had last week that left me with a shoulder blade full of stitches. It was basal cell skin cancer. While not often fatal, these nonmelanoma skin cancers can be extremely destructive if not detected and treated early. My poor kids have seen my scars and Frankenstein markings. I hope my children never make the same mistakes and that they will #mimicmommy in her wiser years when she wears sunscreen every single day. How about we give away some Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Sunscreen!!!