Introducing the new 2016 holiday box designs featuring serene snowflakes, picturesque snow-covered villages, and nature scenes with polar bears, birds, trees, and much more! The new designs are a perfect way to bring comfort and holiday cheer into all the rooms in your home. Especially for holiday entertaining.
When you are preparing for your holiday entertaining here are a few tips to help you out.
- Be prepared – I find there is a lack of predictability when entertaining. Always make sure there is enough of everything in your home, for the planned or unexpected guests. Food, everyday products, ie. tissues, paper towel,
- Have a plan – I always try to make a plan for situations that arise. Such as parties, guests that just drop by or guests that need to stay the night for whatever reason. Have a plan in place for when these things happen.
- Stick to tried and true recipes – Don’t try to experiment with new recipes for holiday parties and having guests over. Make what you know and that everyone loves.
- Do as much as possible beforehand – I try to do as much beforehand as I can. Selecting and organizing serving plates and utensils. For a cocktail party your guest ‘flow’ should be considered and things like small plates, napkins and cutlery placed accordingly before guests arrive. For more formal dinner parties, have the table set, place cards out if using them; it helps guest feel more at ease too if it’s clear where to go.
- Have fun and delegate – Make sure you are not overwhelmed and having fun. It isn’t supposed to be stressful. Make sure you ask others to help you – delegate things you need done, whether it be bring a dish or decorations.
Scotties would like you to enter their Bring Comfort Home Sweepstakes, where you could win your own sampling of our new holiday box designs! To enter, use this link (Sweeps Runs November 22 – December 31)
We are definitely ready for the holidays and whatever it brings. Stocked up and ready for guests. Are you ready?