The closer we come to summer the more the travel bug is biting at my toe. It hasn’t gotten too bad yet as my husband and I have only *talked* about potential family trips, but by August don’t be surprised if I’m packing the kids to take an epic road trip to places unknown.
Whether you’re looking for some great suggestions on places to travel this summer with your family or just need to travel vicariously, here are my top 5 Instagram accounts to follow for inspiration.
In no particular order…
1) NationalParkService :: Did you know that 2016 is the 100th birthday of the National Park Service? I can’t think of a better year to get out and explore the many great parks available to us all. You can also visit NPS.gov to get more information on individual parks and events.
2) FamilyJaunts :: Brought to us by the folks at StrollerTraffic, this fun account highlights family travels on a global level. You get to see actual families as they explore and adventure all over the globe!
3) WaltDisneyWorld :: Because Walt Disney World is fun ALL YEAR LONG, I just had to include this favorite on my list. While summer brings an increase in temperatures to this fun Florida destination, it can also bring great rate reductions and deals.
4) PureMichigan :: As a lifelong resident of the Mitten State I will freely admit to bias on this share, but well, that’s life. HA! Whether you also live in Michigan or make your home elsewhere, there are a lot of fun places to explore an see in this state. I frequently find myself adding new destinations and experiences to our travel list from the great photos shared here!
5) EPICADVENTUREHI :: Most of us are not able to live in the undeniable beauty of Hawaii, so I will take all the vicarious Hawaii living I can. I never tire of their great photos and every one makes me want to go back for a second visit all that much sooner.
What vicarious travels are you taking this summer?