Sleep is a very important part of our lives. It’s what helps keep us going during the day. These last 2 months, I have been going on little sleep, due to baby C. That’s what us moms do. How do we do it? I’m not quite sure, but we do it.
The past several mornings I have been trying to think of things that will help get my morning started. What would help me wake up and get going! Here are some ideas I have slid into my routine and that have really helped get me going in the mornings now that I am back to work.
- Wake up earlier then you normally do – Wake up earlier will give you enough time to actually WAKE up and get your morning started. All too often I just jump out of bed and start my day. But getting up 10-15 minutes earlier and relaxing to let myself actually wake up has been great.
- Take a warm shower – I’m not sure about you but a nice relaxing warm shower in the morning is one of the main ways that helps me get my morning going. I feel like if I don’t have a shower then I don’t want to start my day.
- Swap out the coffee for lemon water – Lukewarm water with a fresh lemon squeezed into it has numerous benefits–but you need to drink it first thing in the morning. It starts your metabolism and gives you a boost of energy. Wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth, drinking, or eating. This might be a toughie for caffeine addicts, but you can manage 30 minutes and it’s a great way to reduce the need for a coffee fix. I don’t drink coffee so that’s not a problem for me but I am really liking the lemon water in the morning.
- Make a little time for a workout – Start out slow, do some yoga, or some stretching to get your legs and body moving.
- Be sure to get a good meal in – You know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. My kids were just talking about this the other morning. They kept telling me to eat because it was really important. This is a time where I should listen to my kids, right?!?
I have been adding BelVita biscuits, that I found at Meijer, to my mornings along with a fruit, yogurt and water. These are a real great light biscuit that are easy to carry and take on the go as well. belVita Breakfast Biscuits provide 4 hours of nutritious, steady energy in quality, energy-packed carbohydrates. I got two different kinds, Orange Cranberry and the soft bakes ones oats & chocolate. These are such a great addition to my breakfast these days, I really like them. The crisp crunchiness with great flavor makes me look forward to it every morning.
I’d say that I have belVita Morning Win these days! These delicious breakfast biscuits can be purchased at your local Meijer. You can fin belVita in the Cookie & Cracker aisle.
Do you think you could incorporate these into your morning routine? Where there some other ideas you have to share? Talk to me.