This post was created as part of a relationship in which I was sponsored by Weight Watchers and given a free three month subscription to try their new Personal Coaching product and write about my experience. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own. #WeightWatchers #WWsponsored
We are 5 days in to the New year and I feel as though I have wasted 2 of these days so far! Where in, I didn’t do anything productive! The fact that I started off this year with the horrible Influenza garbage that is going around, sure didn’t help. Now that all that is behind us, I’m ready to tackle what I have set out as my goals for 2015. One of those goals is to get healthier and hit my weight and fitness goals in 2015. I announced to you all at the end of 2014 the partnership that I have started with Weight Watchers. And I also told you that they have Personal Coaching – the thing that caught my attention, to be honest. Again, I feel I have a handle on the working out portion of getting healthy and losing weight, but when it comes to the diet portion, I definitely need help.
I had my first appointment with my Personal Coach! I had full control and was able to pick the time, day and the coach that I wanted to work with. I LOVED that aspect! I picked someone that I thought would fit me well from what I read in her BIO. And I picked correctly, Sandy B. was awesome! I do want to point out, once you pick a coach to talk with, you don’t have to stick with them. For the next “appointment”, I have the ability to pick another one. So, if that scares you …that you may be “stuck” with a coach you aren’t connecting with, NO FEAR! It can be changed!
Anyways, I wanted to share with you some of the conversation and what I did before and after the appointment! Before…the best part was, I didn’t have to really prep anything. Other than make sure my profile was filled out and the appointment was set up, that was it. It was a breathe of fresh air to not have to have a ton of “homework” or prep completed before the appointment.
After the appointment, I was emailed a “action plan” to move forward from that point. Within that, she basically summarized our 30 minute conversation into some bullet points – the next steps. So, in addition to the notes I took on the phone, I had additional points that she added which I missed. It was great. Now, I am still working on this list because since the call, I had a little one get sick and now I’m taking care of her too. Geesh – what’s with this sickness? We are typically SO healthy!! I diverge…
I wanted to share a few things that I took away from the coaching session, some things that I think could really benefit you too. So, let’s get to it!!
- The number one concern I had going in to this was that the coach was going to make me feel inadequate if I missed a goal, or a task. Yet, after the call, that is the LAST thing I felt! I felt encouraged and able!
- Small steps were met and goals were made. Not mind blowing goals, but goals that will get me moving and goals that will make me feel accomplished. They aren’t huge and lofty, but they aren’t simple and soft. They are just right and will stretch me a bit. I can always adjust.
- I was afraid I was going to have to drop ALL the things I enjoyed eating. While I am going to have to alter a bit, I was informed that a little was ok! Heck yah – she said I can still have my Cheeze-Its, within reason of course. Her tip for me was to figure out the portion size, and have some tucked away for easy snacking.
- I’m writing more down, I’m keeping track of what I eat and what I do to workout. I feel that if I write it down, I will be less inclined to grab junk food and more inclined to grab an apple. If I have to write down chocolate, I know that I would feel better writing an apple. Ha! Mind games 🙂
- Another tip she gave me was to do a little prep ahead of time so that I can feel successful and FULL. I find that I am running around, so busy, that my food intake always suffers. If I do a little prep ahead of time – for example, have carrots cut up and ready, have string cheese and an apple on hand, have some trail mix portioned out – I will have more success. I will have the mid-afternoon snacks prepped and ready to run out the door. That will reduce the cravings to grab a quick snack on the go, because we all know these aren’t good for us! You know, the delicious looking checkout lane goodies? Yah, guilty!! 🙂
- Weight Watchers has an app. The app talks with the “smart” devices. I LOVE that, less thinking for me! I’m still working on getting these all synced up. It’s on my to-do list!!
Each day is a new day. Even though I may fail one day at my goals, I can pick up where I left off, start fresh and win. I get new points allotted each day with Weight Watchers for my food that I will consume, and if I mess up, I can make up for it. I don’t have to beat myself up. I can succeed and not quit!
I was SO thrilled with the conversation with my coach. It put me in a great place – a place where I feel success is going to happen. It set me up to WIN!
All right, what do you think? Are you still intrigued by Weight Watchers? Yes? Pop over and see what it’s all about and get signed up today if you want!
What do you want to win at this year with your health and fitness journey? Do you want to START a journey on weight loss? I encourage you to further check out the Personal Coaching from Weight Watchers!!