Remember Putumayo Kids? A couple months back I shared their “Latin Dreamland” lullaby album. To show just how diverse Putumayo Kids can be with their musical variety I now present to you their newest release, American Playground. Yep, from Latin themed lullabies to American folk music without breaking a sweat.
As I mentioned, American Playground is a fun mix of American folk music songs for kids. It was fun introducing my girls to this medley of upbeat classic sing-along songs. In fact, I already knew all the words to most of the songs on the album!
The alum includes a bright and colorful 20-page liner notes that contains a little information about each artist (each song is performed by a different musician or set of musicians) as well a little history blurb about the song.
For example, did you know that “Oh Susannah” is one of the best-known and most beloved American songs. Stephen Foster first published the song in 1848. He was a famous American songwriter who also wrote other classics such as “Old Folks at Home” and “Beautiful Dreamer.”
In case you are interested in the track listing here you go ::
- Johnny Bregar – “She’ Be Comin’ Round the Mountain”
- Aaron Watson feat. Elizabeth McQueen – “Blue Skies”
- Victor Johnson – “This Little Light of Mine”
- Guy Davis – “We All Need More Kindness in This World”
- Elizabeth Mitchell – “Keep On the Sunny Side”
- Dan Zanes with Barbara Brousal – “Saro Jano”
- Diane Taraz – “Oh Susannah”
- Randy Kaplan – “Forever Young”
- Buck Howdy – “You Are My Sunshine”
- Phil Rosenthal – “This Land is Your Land”
Once again Putumayo Kids delivers a fun album that is a great way to introduce some old favorites, or a completely new genre of music, to your kids!
American Playground :: $14.98