I’ve been making these the last couple of years for the week of Fourth of July 🙂
So fun. So easy. And no junk ingredients.
The kids are bound to love them! Happy Fourth of July!
- 1 cup organic strawberries (if frozen, thaw them out and drain the liquid off)
- ½ cup whole organic cream (See Kitchen Tips for dairy free options! Raw cream preferable, or at least organic and not ULP.)
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- Puree the strawberries and pour them to fill ⅓ of the popsicle mold. Freeze for an hour.
- Use a hand beater to beat the cream, syrup, and vanilla about a minute to make whipped cream. Layer the whipped cream onto the frozen strawberry puree to fill the middle. Freeze just 30 minutes or so.
- Puree the blueberries and pour them to fill the last ⅓ of the popsicle mold on top of the semi frozen whipped cream.
- Put the tops on the mold and freeze a few hours before eating.
- If you are dairy free you could use coconut butter whipped with coconut milk and honey, or you could whip the cream off the top of your coconut milk!
- I use a thin funnel to get the strawberries down to the bottom to keep the sides as clean as possible. The whipped cream is tricky but you can spoon it in and then use your finger or a paper towel to wipe the sides so the blueberries can go in clean.
- You can honey sweeten your fruit purees if you think they need it – I think the berries are sweet enough 🙂
- You could use cherries, watermelon, or raspberries for the red – whatever you’ve got!
- You could use honey sweetened plain whole yogurt or homemade vanilla ice cream for the white if you want!
- Get your star pop molds HERE – I’m kinda in love with the new pink color they have now!
Do you have special Fourth of July treats you like to make?