Summer veggies! Corn! It is one of our favorites!
One problem where I live. I just plain cannot find organic corn on the cob. Like anywhere.
Here’s the deal with corn. If it isn’t from an organic farmer – it is more than likely GMO corn if you live in the USA.
Big bummer. This stuff is made to explode bugs that try to get on it – and it basically does the same thing to your gut lining causing food allergies/sensitivities over time, along with a myriad of other hormone and health issues. No thank you.
This is one of my no compromise organic veggies. No questions.
But we love corn! So what do we do? This is how I “roast” up organic corn whether it be organic frozen or organic from the can. And it tastes just as good!
- 1 bag frozen or 1 can organic corn, thawed and drained if frozen, drained if from the can
- 3 TB friendly fat to cook in (Butter, lard, coconut oil – I usually opt for butter since corn goes so well with butter!)
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Optional cayenne or chipolte powder pinches if you like the heat! We do!
- Melt your butter in a fry pan and add the corn and your seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat until the corn slightly browns/roasts – takes about 5-10 minutes.
- If you are blessed to live by a farmer that sells organic corn on the cob freeze it up for the year! I have my eyes out every year and haven’t found any – hoping some year I will get lucky! I just don’t have the room in my garden for corn!
- Leftovers heat through beautiful right back in the same pan!
Can you find organic corn on the cob where you live?
This post was shared at Real Food Forager’s Fat Tuesday!