And wouldn’t you know it, as my youngest grows increasingly older, our one and only (10 year old) stroller recently died on us. She was a hard workin’ lady, but after four children and hundreds of miles under her wheels, she was tired. Her wheels literally started to fall off her crumb covered body.
Clearly, a mom to four young kids cannot be without a stroller! So I naturally started shopping and doing my research. And to nobody’s surprise at all, my heart landed directly on Bumbleride. Specifically, the Flyer.
When the stroller arrived, I waited for my husband to get home so we could put it together as a team. I do a lot of things well, but baby gear assembly is typically not one of those things. But from start to finish, the stroller only took around 10 minutes to assemble. Super easy, and without an ounce of frustration from either of us, which is always a nice bonus.
Once put together, we took her outside (strollers are female, right?), for her maiden voyage. And then I heard it, the compliment of all compliments:
“Wow, this thing is actually really nice.” – said my husband.
You guys, he never EVER says nice things about baby gear. My husband complains about ALL baby gear. The way it’s constructed, the lack of functions, everything is always flawed in some way, shape, or form. But in one short walk around the neighborhood (where he stopped every few minutes to test out a feature or make an adjustment), our lady Bumbleride had won him over.
So yeah, it’s a slick ride. But what else makes the Bumbleride Flyer THE stroller to rule above all strollers?
Let’s take a minute to “talk stroller”:
You can can catch up on the details and tech specs here, but I would love just for a few minutes to touch on a few specifics that personally sold me on the Flyer:
1. The handlebar is reversible. Basically, by switching the way the handlebar is orientated (which is so easy to do), baby can either be facing you (oh hello mommy) or facing the world. Additionally, the height of the handle bar is adjustable, making it super nice for anyone of any height to use the stroller (I’m 5’3″ and my husband is 6’3″, so this feature is key).
2. The ride is exceptionally smooth, and it turns on a dime. Because both the front and rear wheels swivel independently, maneuvering the stroller is a cake walk. And on that same note, both front and back wheels can effortlessly be locked and unlocked with the quick release wheel locking system. Making whatever terrain you’re covering a smooth ride and handle.
3. The canopy is generously sized. We took the Flyer with us on vacation to the beach, and because of the large adjustable sun canopy, I was able to keep baby Paul out of the sun at all times.
4. The back seat reclines all the way back, to a flat position. Translated: impromptu naps on the go are not problem at all. And reclining from sitting to laying flat is a very smooth and quite transition if you have a baby that falls asleep in the upright position.
5. It’s compact. While there are smaller/lighter/tighter strollers on the market, in my opinion the Flyer is still very compact, without sacrificing any of the truly wonderful bells and whistles (like my favorite feature, the adjustable footrest). The stroller fits really well in the back of my minivan, with plenty of cargo room to spare. Also worth noting, it only weighs 19 pounds!
Basically, we are in huge love.
Good design + amazing function = one happy set of parents.
So what do you think? Have I convinced you that you need a Flyer, regardless of if you’re adding it to your first child’s baby registry or swapping it out for a decade old ride like me?
Bumbleride Flyer stroller :: $420 (although right now it’s listed at $299 on the company’s website!)
A SIMPLE GIVEAWAY!
Giveaway time! We’re giving away a Bumbleride Flyer to one very lucky Simple reader. Follow the simple instructions below:
*The product in this review was provided to me for the purpose of conducting this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.*