My son has recently given serious consideration to arts and crafts. Finger painting with yogurt, making grandpa pictures and just scribbling for fun seem to make my kid really happy. But the moment I first saw my little one grip crayon I realized some serious thought needed to be paid to safeguarding my home and our clothing against impending destruction by art supplies.
While an old t-shirt thrown over your child may seem like a great solution I will raise the red flag for you. No sooner than the ink or paint touches that old shirt and it is already sinking deep into the fibers underneath. But I have found the solution (and it is super cute). Meeshma Kids, another fabulous Etsy designer, creates fantastic oilcloth smocks to not only prevent arts and crafts mishaps, but encourage creative time.
Each smock is lovingly created out of waterproof oilcloth to prevent liquid messes from ruining cute outfits. They go on and off easily with Velcro closures on the back. And the designs couldn’t be more adorable. Bright patterns and colors make up each piece stimulating the senses and surely some creativity. I was also impressed with the large pocket on the front of the smock, ready and waiting to hold art supplies or catch a dropped crayon. With both girl and boy designs (the “Executive Collection” is the fun style my son is wearing) there is a perfect smock for each child. And (bonus) each smock comes packaged with a cute cookie cutter 🙂
I think these smocks are almost a necessity for parents who want to maintain some kind of cleanliness while encouraging creative fun. Keeping a few on hand for fun play dates or picking out a special design for each child in the home is a perfect way to make arts and crafts time even more special. And don’t forget all those birthday parties (you know… the hundreds your child seems to be invited to each year) — what a great gift that the child will love and any parent is sure to appreciate.
meeshma kids :: $20.00 :: oilcloth smock
A SIMPLE COUPON ::
From now until the end of the month SIMPLE readers can get 20% off the total purchase by using the code: SIMPLE when checking out. Have fun shopping at Meeshma Kids!
A WINNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN — VISIT THE SIMPLE WINNERS SECTION TO SEE IF IT WAS YOU!
A SIMPLE GIVEAWAY! ::
- Visit Meeshma Kids Etsy store and come back here to tell me in a comment which smock you would choose (Required)
Additional entry opportunities:
- “Like” SIMPLE on Facebook (make sure to come back here and let me know)
- Facebook (Daily : Leave a link to your post in our comments) Post a status on your facebook hyper linking SIMPLE and this giveaway
- Tweet (Daily : Leave a link to your tweet in our comments) :: #Win a super adorable Meeshma Kids Oilcloth Smock over at @simplereviews: (http://www.simple-momreviews.com/) #giveaway
- Enter your email address in the left sidebar on SIMPLE to sign up for daily emails (make sure to tell us you signed up in our comments)
- Publicly follow SIMPLE via Google Friend Connect (make sure to tell us you tell us in our comments)
Winner will be randomly chosen on June 15, 2011. Please reference Giveaway Rules at the top of the page before entering.